Friday, May 22, 2009
Our start
I first want to say that there are some wonderful public and private schools out there with wonderul teachers that turn out excellent well educated children. I am not a fan of the TAKS test though. I also love that I can include the bible in our studies and teach my children about being a good Christan and a Soldier for Christ. As for socialization, all my children are involved in sports, gymnastics, cheerleading and will be involved with co-ops and many field trips with other homeschooling families. I am so exctied that God has made his path for me to be able to be home with my kids and homeschool. I have a few curriculums in mind though I lean more towards A.C.E (Accelerated Christian Education). I am pretty sure I am going to use Math-U-See which is a wonderful learn by seeing and doing. It is both visual and hands on. Katie Ann is going into 2nd and Cassie into 1st. I will spend this summer getting preparations in order for our Journey to begin sometime probably after Labor Day. I will update you all as we start our summer adventures.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment